How much you pay your accountant will be determined mainly by:
- Whether you’re operating as a sole trader or have a limited company
- The value you get from your accountant
Sole trader or limited company
The biggest influence on price is whether you’re either working as a sole trader or through your own limited company.
A limited company provides more opportunity for tax savings, but its more complicated.
You’ll need more services and accounts are more detailed. Therefore, you’ll pay your accountant more for the increased level of service.
Some accountants will give you a single package price for all the services you need, or you may get a breakdown of the price for each:
- Annual accounts and company tax return
- Dividend documents
- Personal tax return
- Company secretarial including confirmation statement
- Fee protection for tax investigations