BlogTuesday 20th March 2018
April deadline dates for tax and Companies House
1 April 2018
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 30 June 2017 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
5 April 2018
- 2017-18 tax year ends.
- Ensure personal allowances, exemptions and tax bands are used efficiently.
- Deadline to pay previously unpaid class 3 National Insurance contributions for 2011-12.
6 April 2018
- Start of 2018-19 tax year.
- Ensure payroll and other systems are updated.
- Personal allowances increased to £11,850.
- The lifetime allowance for pensions savings rises to £1,030,000.
7 April 2018
- Due date for VAT returns and payment for 28 February 2018 quarter (electronic payment).
14 April 2018
- Forms CT61 to be submitted and tax paid for the quarter ended 31 March 2018.
19 April 2018
- Payment of PAYE, NIC, construction scheme industry and student loan liabilities for month ended 5 April 2018 if not paying electronically.
- Payment of PAYE liability for quarter ended 5 April 2018 if average monthly liability is less than £1,500.
21 April 2018
- File online monthly EC sales list.
22 April 2018
- PAYE, NICs and student loan liabilities should have cleared HMRC’s bank account.
30 April 2018
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with 31 July 2017 year end and public limited companies with 31 October 2017 year end.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies with accounting periods ended 30 April 2017.