February deadline dates for tax and companies house
1 February 2018 -
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 30 April 2017 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
- £100 penalty and extended enquiry window if 2017 self-assessment tax returns not filed on or by 31 January 2018.
2 February 2018 -
- P46(Car) for quarter ended 5 January 2018.
7 February 2018 -
- Due date for VAT returns and payment for 31 December 2017 quarter (electronic payment).
14 February 2018 -
- Application to defer Class 1 National Insurance contributions (leaflet CA72A) for 2017-18, subject to approval of deferred employer(s).
19 February 2018 -
- File monthly construction industry scheme return.
21 February 2018 -
- File online monthly EC sales list.
22 February 2018 -
- PAYE, NIC, CIS and student loan liabilities should have cleared into HMRC bank account or month ended 5 February 2018.
28 February 2018 -
- Companies house should have received accounts of private companies with 31 May 2017 year ends.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies with accounting periods ended 28 February 2017.
- Payment of 2017-18 self-assessment liabilities after this date will be subject to a 5% surcharge.